The 2014 Workshop
The Web Science Education Workshop will be held in Bloomington, Indiana on the 23rd of June 2013 between 10am and 1pm at Indiana University on the opening day for ACM Web Science 2014 Conference
10:00 am – Welcome / Introductions
10:30 – 11:15: 1 – Presentations: “Experiences”
- Web Science: learning from experience – S. White, E. Coskun
- Web Science for the Masses. The First Web Science MOOC – M. Urrutia, S. White, R. Blair
- Web Science Presentation: Student Experience – E. Coskun
11:30 – 12:15: 2 - Presentations: “Curricullum”
- The Role of Disciplinary Analysis in Web Science Education – C. Hooper
- Internet Science Curriculum Construction in EINS – S. Cimpan, K. Salamatian
- Expanding Web Science Integration in an ITWS Curriculum – J. Eriksson, K. Gloria, G. Hugues, D. McGuiness, J. Luciano, R. Plotka
12:15 – 1:00: 3 – Discussions on building the Web Science Teaching and Learning Community
- How to “officially” organize the community around real people?
- How to deal with teaching resources?
- How to create an online tool for all kinds of collaborations?
- How to innovate with International collaboration, places and events?